Sunday, January 10, 2016

True Worth

My house is full of books, and probably 10% of them have been read.


I'm just hoping I'm not one of those books gathering dust, taking up space.

I want to leave my mark.

I want my family, friends, and others to remember me.

We will remember Michael Jordan for being the greatest basketball player ever, Lady Gaga for how weird she is, and Donald Trump for thinking he can fix the country.

Heck, even Yoda, a puppet, is more famous then I could ever dream of.

Me? 

What will I be remembered for?

I will remember things about you, but what will you remember me for? 

Maybe crying during my talk in church, the skinny kid who doesn't have much to say, or the hyper-competitive guy who usually doesn't win?

We live in a world where "greatness" is defined by followers, likes and comments.

But, just because 2971 people follow you, that doesn't make you a good person.

True worth, is sitting with the lonely kid at lunch, listening to your friends when you would rather do anything else, and writing notes to your siblings after a rough day.

And true worth is more important than how many likes you get.

The life we are used to is almost over.

We've applied for college's, and some of us have already started on our mission papers.

Once we get to college and our missions, we will make friends and learn to be trusted solely off our character.

I won't be remembered for basketball, weirdness(at least I hope), or being the most powerful puppet in the universe.

I'm not sure what I will be remembered for, but I sure hope it's my true worth.


*This class has been my favorite since day 1. Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog, it means more than you think. And thanks Nelson for the good time*

Spencer Smith 

8 comments:

  1. I dang uuuuhhhhhhed and snapped so much. This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm just hoping I'm not one of those books gathering dust, taking up space.

    I want to leave my mark."

    Spencer I love how committed you were to this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, the dusty book analogy is gold.

    Thanks for taking the class seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done. seriously well done. I've loved getting to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have left your mark. Your blog has honestly been my favorite since day one. Thank you for everything you've written. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this post.

    The books, the people you mentioned, the subject. I love it.

    ReplyDelete