Sunday, December 13, 2015

Dear Eva Peron

I still don't know if it's pronounced Eva or Ava, but anyways your blog is one of the best. All of you have read her blog because it's "famous" and stuff.

When I first pulled your name I got super excited. I mean, who wouldn't? You have made top 5 3 times and you have a bunch of awesome quotes and poems. Your worst post is better than my best. So props to you for being one of the best on here.


These teenage years, they're open late. I don't mean supermarket late, were talking barefoot jaywalking, windows down, loud music, whispered voices because mom's asleep

Late.

But mom can be harder to avoid then the current middle east.

And my nuclear war head heart has been beating a little harder lately.

If I fall, look for the crash, because NO ONE will be left standing.

And a quiet exchange will be culmination of something quite extraordinary.

Time is my greatest enemy,

Except, your enemy isn't supposed to be something you want more of.



Now for the explanation. I took some of my favorite quotes by you and a few quotes from the real Eva Peron, and tried to make a poem about it. So basically a grand theft poetry of you and the real Eva. Sorry if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I just think in a different way than most.

I don't know you that well Brooklyn, other then we read each other's blogs, we follow each other on Instagram, and one of my friends took you to prom last year. But you seem super cool. You're writing is amazing and I can tell you write all of it straight from your heart. Your writing makes me think hard. It almost always has a deeper meaning(whether you've intended that or not). All of my posts have had one and they're really hard to understand. 

I should probably stop rambling about how good your stuff is. It's probably getting old. But thanks for your writing.

Mountain Nomad

Err I mean Spencer Smith.

But you can call me spence.


6 comments:

  1. "These teenage years, they're open late. I don't mean supermarket late, were talking barefoot jaywalking, windows down, loud music, whispered voices because mom's asleep

    Late."

    She's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the creativity and thought here Spence.

    I've been wondering about the pronunciation all year too not gonna lie.

    Ditto to Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is honestly like the nicest one i read and i agree with every word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooo good.

    so cool to combine her words with the real one

    and you did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a great idea Spencer. You really did her a justice

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been staring at this comment box for about five minutes now because i don't think i've never felt more flattered or grateful or awes-struck. thank you for digging deeper into my namesake (that meant a lot). thank you for being honest and sincere. just thank you.

    p.s. ee-va pur-on (i think, she's from argentina so it's supposed to be said with an accent and just ends up a mess. don't worry about it)

    ReplyDelete