Thursday, December 17, 2015

I forgot to remember

I forgot that I'm supposed to remember the most important things, and it's just starting to come back.

I remember when the only worry I had was whether the top branches would hold me.

I remember when girls had cooties,

I remember when I used to figure skate.

I can remember that 2+2=4, but I still have to think about 2+0.

I remember crying at the end of where the red fern grows.

I remember when my crush said hi, and I forgot to say hi back.

I remember my first airplane ride.

I remember falling 50 feet out of a tree with a scratch #blessed

I don't remember the first back flip I did, or the first peak I reached or my first pair of running shoes.

But I do remember the back flip in front of my date, my favorite mountain and my lucky racing spikes.

I remember all the pains of loneliness, sadness, and hopelessness.

I remember the feeling of forgetting to do my homework.

I remember my first snow and the peaceful feeling it brought.

I remember my first time skiing, and how bad I was but I haven't stopped.

I remember my very first trail run, wondering why I hadn't gone before.

I remember my grandpa even though he died when I was 3.

I remember every mean thing my brother said to me.

And 
Will
Remember
YOU

5 comments:

  1. oh my word. just when i think you couldn't write anything that would be better than your last post, you write this. you are seriously amazing.

    p.s. i said hi to you today on the way into school, but i don't think you heard me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy smokes! loved it all

    then oh my goodness the end!

    nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. every sentence was simple, yet had incredible meaning. This is so, so good. I love this so much. You will be remembered too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right back at you.

    And the lines about running. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete